What do I do if I forgot my Administrator password on Windows XP?
Recover Windows XP Administrative Password
- The first step to recovering your Windows XP password is to reboot your computer in Safe mode.
- Once in safe mode, click Start > Run.
- To reset the admin password, click the Admin user account, followed by Reset Password.
How can I open my Administrator account if I forgot my password?
Windows 10 and Windows 8. x
- Press Win-r . In the dialog box, type compmgmt. msc , and then press Enter .
- Expand Local Users and Groups and select the Users folder.
- Right-click the Administrator account and select Password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
What is default Administrator password for Windows XP?
Option 2: Reset Windows XP Password in Safe Mode In every installation of Windows XP, there is a built-in and default account named Administrator, which is equivalent to super user or root in Unix/Linux system. By default, the default Administrator account has no password.
How do I reset forgotten admin password?
Simply press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard to open the Quick Access menu and click Command Prompt (Admin). To reset your forgotten password, type the following command and press Enter. Replace account_name and new_password with your username and desired password respectively.
How do I Recover my Windows XP administrator password?
Recover Windows XP Administrative Password. The first step to recovering your Windows XP password is to reboot your computer in Safe mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and repeatedly pressing F8 as the computer loads. Once in safe mode, click Start > Run. In the box that opens, type control userpasswords2.
How do you reset a forgotten password?
If you can log into another account with administrative rights, you can reset your forgotten password easily: Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type netplwiz and press Enter. User Accounts window will open up. Select the account you have forgotten the password for, and then click Reset Password button.
How can I recover my lost password?
1. Open Outlook.com, click on Sign in, enter your Outlook account email, and then click on Next. 2. Click on Forgot my password link. 3. Select the first option “I forgot my password”, and click on Next. If you still remember your password, but can’t sign in, select the second option “I know my password, but can’t sign in”.