What is the best small town in Virginia?
Best Small Towns in Virginia
- High Rocks Trail in Wytheville.
Where in Virginia can you live on the mountains?
*What Voters Said:
- Asheville, NC. “What a great place!
- Roanoke, VA. “Small town attitude but big town necessities.
- Harrisonburg, VA. “Residents are friendly, welcoming, and have good values.
- Boone, NC. “Boone is the happiest town I have ever visited.
- Charlottesville, VA.
- Staunton, VA.
- Lewisburg, WV.
- Blowing Rock, NC.
What’s the prettiest town in Virginia?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Virginia
- Chincoteague. Natural Feature.
- Lexington. Historical Landmark.
- Smithfield. Historical Landmark.
- Culpeper. Historical Landmark.
- Middleburg. Historical Landmark.
- Onancock. Historical Landmark.
- Monterey. Natural Feature.
- Clarksville. Historical Landmark. © Andre Jenny / Alamy Stock Photo.
What Virginia cities have mountains?
The counties of Botetourt, Franklin, and Roanoke, as well as the cities of Roanoke and Salem, comprise Virginia’s Blue Ridge, which is located in the Virginia Mountains Region. Learn more about the five funding jurisdictions and communities that make up Virginia’s Blue Ridge.
What is the best mountain town in Virginia?
BEST MID-SIZED MOUNTAIN TOWN: ROANOKE, VIRGINIA. The city of Roanoke is perfectly located: In the heart of the valley, with a river running right through town, and adjacent to George Washington and Jefferson National Forests. Not surprisingly, it’s rapidly gaining a reputation as one of the country’s top outdoor destinations.
What are the best small towns to live in Virginia?
Before we get to the top 20, here’s a look at the 10 Best Small Towns To Live in Virginia for 2019: Pantops (Homes) Hayfield (Homes) Belmont Estates (Homes) Ravensworth (Homes) Occoquan (Homes) Dayton (Homes)
What small towns are near Richmond VA?
The three smaller cities (Petersburg, Hopewell, and Colonial Heights) are located near each other in an area south of Richmond and are known collectively as the “Tri-cities”.
What is the smallest town in Virginia?
First on our list is the quaint town of Mathews, Virginia. This is more than a small town; it is the smallest county in Virginia, with just eighty-four square miles . This small town boasts a historic, yet updated, downtown area with shopping, dining and art.