What is a Delphi Pass Key III?
The Passkey III anti-theft system uses a transponder inside the head of the ignition key. The exciter inside the ignition lock cylinder energizes this transponder when the ignition switch is turned on. The transponder transmits a unique signature to the theft deterrent control module.
Can you bypass the passlock system?
The Passlock system on a Vehicles is the anti-theft system. The Passlock system uses a recognition transponder in the ignition tumbler and a computer chip in the ignition key. While you cannot remove the Passlock system, you can disable it by tricking it into thinking the Vehicles had a malfunction.
How do I reset my passlock 3?
IF you have a PassKEY system, click here to see the reset procedure
- Insert the master key with the black head into the ignition lock cylinder.
- Turn the key to ON but do not start the engine.
- Wait 10 minutes or until the SECURITY light to turn off.
- Turn the key to OFF for 5 seconds.
How do you bypass security system?
1. With the system in the disarmed, select the “Zones” icon. The system will display the list of zones. 2. Select the zone(s) you want to bypass and select “Bypass”. 3. Enter your master alarm code. The system will return to the Bypass screen and the zone(s) that are bypassed will be displayed.
How does PassLock system work?
The PassLock system works when the lock cylinder moves a magnet past a Hall effect sensor . The sensor then sends a signal to the control, which GM has moved several times over the model years. The control then sends the code to the PCM. If the code is correct, the PCM will allow the car to start and run.
What is a PassLock system?
The Passlock system is part of the factory anti-theft system. Basically what it does is if your car alarm is activated or if someone tries to start your car using a different key or a flat head screw driver it disables fuel to the engine.