What county is Bourne End in?

What county is Bourne End in?

Bourne End, Buckinghamshire

Bourne End
Unitary authority Buckinghamshire
Ceremonial county Buckinghamshire
Region South East
Country England

What is Bourne End famous for?

The village was originally called ‘Burnend’ (first recorded 1236) meaning end of the stream as this is where the Rye flows into the Thames. Many properties boast river frontage making this a popular spot for boating enthusiasts with the Bourne End Marina providing a wide range of boating services.

What council is Marlow in?

Buckinghamshire Council
Buckinghamshire Council | Wycombe area.

Does Wycombe District Council still exist?

Wycombe District /ˈwɪkəm/ was a local government district in Buckinghamshire in south-central England. Its council was based in the town of High Wycombe. The district was abolished on 31 March 2020 and its area is now administered by the unitary Buckinghamshire Council.

Where is Bourne End parish council in Buckinghamshire?

Wooburn and Bourne End Parish Council (formerly Wooburn Parish Council, until 2005), based in Wooburn; Wycombe District Council, based in High Wycombe; and Buckinghamshire County Council, based in Aylesbury.

Is the Bourne End community library managed by the Council?

Some are entirely managed by local community organisations and volunteers and some are jointly managed with Buckinghamshire Council. You can use your Buckinghamshire library card in a community library as usual.

Where was the community centre in Bourne End?

The late 1940s saw extensive development in Bourne End, of the Chalklands estate and the Council Estate north of The Parade. The 1960s saw the building of Community Centre and Library in Wakeman Road after some years of local campaigning.

Where are the Bourne Housing Authority properties located?

The Bourne Housing Authority provides affordable housing for senior citizens, families, and people with special needs at properties located in Bourne, Pocasset, and Buzzards Bay. For more information, please visit our FAQ page or contact us.