Does SMS Backup and Restore still work?
Android’s built-in SMS Backup As of Android 8.1, you can now restore backed-up data (including SMS messages) after the initial setup. Unfortunately, it’s not a manual process like the other items on this list. It’s only available if the “Finish setting up” screen is shown at the top of your settings panel.
Why is SMS backup and restore not working?
To fix this problem, you’ll need to delete the existing MMS messages from the phone and then perform another transfer/restore using SMS Backup & Restore. You can use the “Delete messages or phone calls” feature in SMS Backup & Restore to easily delete all messages.
How do I backup my text messages to my computer?
Save Android text messages to computer
- Launch Droid Transfer on your PC.
- Open Transfer Companion on your Android phone and connect via USB or Wi-Fi.
- Click the Messages header in Droid Transfer and select a message conversation.
- Choose to Save PDF, Save HTML, Save Text or Print.
Is SMS backup and restore free?
You can of course use your own IMAP server for backups, giving you full control over your data. SMS Backup+ is a free open-source project which has been in active development since the early days of Android, completely ad and tracking-free, supported through voluntary donations.
How to backup and restore your SMS messages?
1 Launch Google Play Store on your device and search for “SMS Backup & Restore”, and install it. 2 Open the app and tap on “Ok” to use the default backup location. 3 You can also choose to backup special characters, emoji and MMS messages, but be warned that the app does not support some types of advanced messaging.
Is there an app that can restore text messages?
It can also restore messages and call logs from already existing backups. Note: This app requires existing backups to be able to restore call logs and messages. It cannot recover anything without existing backups.
How often do I need to back up my text messages?
It’s also able to broadcast an intent at the time of backup for third-party app integration. The backup process for SMS Backup+ is pretty slow, especially over IMAP, but since messages really only need to be backed up once — and since that can be done as they come in without you even noticing — it’s not much of a problem.
How to restore text messages from one phone to another?
– View and drill into your local and cloud backups. – Search backups. – Restore/transfer backup to another phone. Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages and logs can be easily transferred from one phone to another, irrespective of the version. – Free up space on your phone.