Can I download an older version of Skype for Mac?
If you experience any compatibility issues with Skype for Mac, consider downloading one of the older versions of Skype. MacUpdate stores previous versions of Skype for you since v. 6.15.
How do I get Skype Classic on Mac?
How to download Skype on a Mac
- Go to skype.com and select “Downloads” from the menu toward the top of the screen.
- Click “Get Skype for Mac” — this will prompt a pop-up of the download to appear at the bottom of the browser window.
How do I downgrade Skype on Mac?
Turns out the fix is pretty simple I just had to downgrade to a earlier version:
- Uninstall your current version of skype.
- Delete “shared.xml” from *userhome*/Library/Application Support/Skype.
- Download this version of Skype.
- Install it like normal.
- Once its installed make sure to turn of the Auto Updater.
How can I download old version of Skype?
Go to search engines. The Skype site does not keep the old version anymore. You can look through the search engine to direct you to sites that still have older versions of Skype. Download old Skype version. Once you find the site that offers old Skype version, download the Application. Reinstall Skype.
What version of Skype Am I using on my computer?
Follow these simple steps to find out which version of Skype you have installed on your PC: 1. Double click on the green Skype icon in your system tray, or open Skype if it isn’t already running. Click on the Skype Help Menu, and then click About (as pictured below): 2. The version of Skype you currently have installed is shown (in bold):
How do you download Skype on a PC?
With your Internet browser open, enter www.skype.com in the address line to open the Home page of the Skype Web site. Click the Download button on the Skype home page to open the Download page. Skype will begin the download to your computer.
Is there a Linux version of Skype?
The traditional Skype for Linux is at version 4.3, the latest version of using the peer-to-peer protocol support.