Why is my mailbox key not working?
Spray WD40 or graphite powder into your mailbox lock to loosen and lubricate the keyhole. You may find it hard to turn the key, or you may have trouble trying to insert the key into the lock. The inner workings of the lock may be tight due to dirt, or even ice in cold weather, or the lock may be sticking.
How do I get a replacement key Canada Post?
If you need extra copies of your keys, you can have them cut at a locksmith. If you lose your keys, visit canadapost.ca or call our customer service at 1-844-454-3009. We’ll replace the lock and then inform you of where you can pick up your new keys.
What do I do with Canada Post key?
- Your parcel is inside one of the parcel locker’s compartments. The key opens that compartment.
- Open the locker compartment and collect your parcel.
- Relock the compartment and slip the key into the return slot. IMPORTANT: the compartment can’t be used for another delivery until you return the key.
How do I get a new key for my mailbox?
Assuming you do not have a spare, you will need to:
- Find the website for the USPS post office that oversees your mailbox.
- Fill out the new keys replacement form and pay the fee (typically, the cost is $20 or more).
- The postal service company will send you a notice card via email when your new key is ready for pick-up.
What to do if your Canada Post mailbox key is not working?
If you find another problem like mailbox keys are not working properly, you can replace them at zero cost. In that case, your lock will also be changed by Canada Post.
Where do I go to get new Canada Post keys?
Contact Canada Post online to request new keys. Canada Post will change the lock and leave a Delivery Notice Card on your front step with the address of the Post Office where you can get your replacement keys. Bring the Delivery Notice Card that you receive to the Post Office indicated along with photo identification.
What to do if you lost your mailbox key?
You can simply access your mailbox by putting keys in the compartment lock. What if you lost it? You don’t need to worry much. If you have already lost keys to mailbox, then we are here to help you to get another pair of keys.
How are community mailboxes used in Canada Post?
Community mailboxes are commonly used for receiving mails and sending too. It is a small compartment with full of privacy. No one can access your community mailbox except for the postal department. It is a lock-based system with a unique compartment number so that nobody gets confused to access his/her community mailbox.