How do I setup my Linksys Wireless G Range Extender?
Setting up the Linksys WRE54G Wireless-G Range Expander
- Access the range expander’s web-based set up page.
- On the WEP page, click the drop-down arrow for Security Mode then select the one that corresponds to the security mode of your wireless router.
- Enter the Gateway and the Subnet Mask values in the fields provided.
How do I setup my Linksys WRE54G?
- Introduction, Steps 1 – 5.
- Step 1: Reset the WRE54G to factory defaults.
- Step 2: Set your wireless client to a static IP address.
- Step 3: Configure WDS bridging on the target AP.
- Step 4: Find and connect to the WRE54G.
- Step 5: Connect to the WRE54G.
How do I reset my Linksys Wireless G Range Expander?
Resetting the range expander to factory defaults
- Launch a web browser and access the web-based setup page of your range expander.
- Under Setup, click Password.
- Select Yes on the Restore Factory Defaults section.
- Click Save Settings.
How do I fix my Linksys wifi extender?
Locate the reset button on the side of the range extender. Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds, then let go. Your range extender will begin to reboot and will perform a full factory reset.
Why is my Linksys wifi extender not showing up?
Firstly, Unplugged the extender and bring it closer to the router. If still, it is not showing up in the wifi list shut down your devices and turn them back again. Try removing/forgetting the known wifi connections.
How do I know if Linksys Range Extender is working?
Checking if the Linksys range extender is properly set up
- Access your range extender’s web-based setup page.
- On the Basic Settings page, check the status of your network.
- To fix this, go to Wireless > Site Survey.
- Then, click on the radio button that corresponds to your SSID.
Is the Linksys wre54g range expander firmware clean?
We have found it to be clean of any form of badware (viruses, spyware, adware, etc.). You can view the full scan logs below. We will test Linksys WRE54G Wireless-G Range Expander Firmware again on the next version release so make sure you check back for updated reports in the near future.
Do you need Ethernet cable for wre54g V2?
For WRE54G v2 and v3, you can connect an Ethernet cable from the numbered port of your router to the Ethernet port on your range expander. The WRE54G v1 doesn’t have an Ethernet port so you need to connect to it wirelessly to configure it.
What is the IP address of range expander?
Range Expander’s default IP address or used the Auto configuration button, the default IP address is 192.168.1.240.) Press Enter and the login screen will appear. Leave the User Name field blank. The first time you open the Web-based Utility, enter the default password admin. You can set a new password from the Password tab.