Where is the Glass House in CT?

Where is the Glass House in CT?

New Canaan
The Glass House, built between 1949 and 1995 by architect Philip Johnson, is a National Trust Historic Site located in New Canaan, Connecticut.

Does the glass house have a bathroom?

The floor plan of the Glass House reveals a fairly traditional living space. Although there are no walls, Philip Johnson referred to areas within the rectangular, loft-like space as “rooms.” There is a kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom, hearth area, bathroom, and an entrance area.

Who owns the glass house?

the National Trust for Historic Preservation
It is now owned by the National Trust for Historic Preservation and is open to the public for guided tours, which begin at a visitors center at 199 Elm Street in New Canaan. The house is an example of early use of industrial materials in home design, such as glass and steel.

What year was the glass house built?

1949
The Glass House, built between 1949 and 1995 by famed architect Philip Johnson in New Canaan, Connecticut, is one of the nation’s greatest modern architectural landmarks.

How big is the Glass House in CT?

The pastoral 49-acre landscape comprises fourteen structures, including the Glass House (1949), and features a permanent collection of 20th-century painting and sculpture, along with… Read More

How long is the tour of the Glass House?

The Extended Tour affords time to visit Philip Johnson’s Studio, as well as the Glass House, Painting Gallery, Sculpture Gallery, outdoor sculpture, and Da Monsta. This tour includes a one-mile walk on paths and grass.

When was the Glass House in New Canaan built?

Read More The Glass House, built between 1949 and 1995 by architect Philip Johnson, is a site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation located in New Canaan, CT.

Is the Philip Johnson glass house open for tours?

Tours of the Glass House are available in May through November and include self guided tours and expanded educational opportunities for local communities; advance reservations are required. While the museum is closed, explore the site online . The Glass House is owned and operated by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.